This blog needed a revamp like a Kardashian in a bandage dress circa 2009. I spruced things up all by myself, might I add. If you haven’t dabbled in web design, let’s just say by the end of it you’ll feel like you’re ready for The Social Network… the sequel. Anywho, allow me to fill you in on some of my current favorites.
- Laura Mercier ‘Extreme Neutrals’ Eye Shadow Palette – Laura Mercier sporadically releases these palettes throughout the year, and as many of you may recall from previous posts, I did actually finish the entire ‘Artist Palette’ from 2013. I hoard these palettes the way you’d hoard batteries and jugs of water for Hurricane Matthew. It’s a necessity.
- Christian Louboutin ‘Matte Lip Colour’ in “Just Nothing” – This is the perfect fall/winter lip color. It has enough depth and color to give some life to your paler complexion. (Although I fully support sporting a tanned look throughout the colder months. Nothing wrong with being able to spot my
orangishtan skin through the snow caps.) It’s not too drying either!
- Coola Suncare ‘Daydream Mineral Primer’ – I live for Coola. Their products are totally free of those nasty chemicals found in conventional sun protection products. If you have acne-prone or sensitive skin, I highly recommend their ‘Unscented Classic Face’ sunscreen. This primer is the best of both worlds; broad-spectrum SPF 30 and a non-toxic primer that makes your face silky smooth.
- Oribe ‘Dry Shampoo’ – I’ve spoken previously about Oribe’s Dry Texturizing Spray causing my hair to excessively shed. That is most likely due to the product’s alcohol content and the fact that it produces crazy build-up. The Dry Shampoo, on the other hand, seems to add a bit of grit without those unfortunate side effects.
- Mason Pearson ‘Rake Comb’ – Again, I’ve found that both the Tangle Teezer and the Wet Brush cause too much hair to fall out. I don’t think my scalp can handle the whole brushing your hair when wet trend. I have to stick to the ‘ole faithful; the rake comb. This one from Mason Pearson is superior (as you’d imagine for the price.) These combs are handmade in Switzerland from the same tortoiseshell-type plastic used to make eye and sunglasses. If you have long, thick, or curly hair, it’s a must-have!
- Cover FX ‘Perfect Pencil’ – This is a handbag essential for me. It has precision point concealing power (a la Lisa Eldridge), hence why I love it for on-the-go — I can layer it over my powder-set face without disrupting the rest of my makeup.
- Omorovicza ‘Miracle Facial Oil’ – My all-time favorite (dare I say those precious words) facial oil. Layer this underneath your night cream or add a drop or two to your foundation for a winter glow.
- Louis Vuitton Parfum ‘Mille Feux’ – This fragrance is a raspberry and leather hybrid — sweet with an edge. I highly recommend purchasing these fragrances in-store, as the experience of choosing which parfum is to your liking is fun, and as you can imagine, a very luxurious experience.
- Lancome ‘Glow Subtil Silky Creme Highlight’ in “Buff Lights” – Oh, Lordy! If this is Eldridge’s genius, she’s struck gold… or struck glow. It’s a creamy, silky, mousse-y, jelly, and every other -yyy, texture. If you love the idea of a NARS multiple, but find it too dry and annoying to work with, this highlighter will be your jam. It’s the perfect cream highlight for daytime and it can be applied over powder!
I will be posting individual reviews on some of these products soon. Stay tuned! What products are you loving?